About UOC R&I Open Access Journals
The UOC started publishing open access journals in 1999. At the moment, there are six digital open access journals focused on different fields of expertise and research that interact with information and communication technologies.
- Provide a vehicle for the transfer and dissemination of research results through open access journals. In line with that established in the UOC’s open access mandate, published in 2010, we have subscribed to the Berlin Declaration and since that time have maintained an active role in the main research and open data forums.
- Provide free access to high-quality research publications online, promoted by the UOC. We do not receive any income from authors, editors, advertisers or grant providers. This means that we will not charge anyone for publishing with us – our services are all supported thanks to institutional funding.
- Apply robust peer review processes, to ensure high-quality standards for all journals.
- Explore new approaches to academic publishing.
- Attract international authors to publish research outputs in our journals.
- Build an international research network/community through the standard mechanisms for scholarly publishing, such as advisory boards, editorial boards and reviewers and co-publishing partnerships.
- Represent all academic disciplines related to e-learning and ICT, in particular promoting cross-disciplinary interactions.
To ensure standards of the highest quality, the UOC R&I Open Access Journals are managed by the UOC Library, working closely with their main stakeholders – scholarly publishers, legal and economic departments, authors, suppliers and readers – in order to provide them with publishing services that support their research needs and to guarantee quality and excellence.
We work towards clear objectives, tailoring services to individual journal needs and goals. We provide expert advice to ensure each journal’s continued and optimal development, based on the “Institutional protocol for scientific journals” approved by the Research and Innovation Committee on October 2015. This support includes:
- Strategic support
- Open journal systems
- Editorial production services
Library staff team
Clara Riera, Director of Library Services for Research
Maria Boixadera, Publishing Coordinator
Mari Vállez, Indexing Manager
Elsa Corominas, Managing Editor
Marta Aymerich, President of the Publications Committee and Vice President for Strategic Planning and Research. Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Lluís Rius, Director of Communications. Universitat Oberta de Catalunya